Book : Blockchain Basics: A Non-Technical Introduction in 25 Steps
“The book could be used as a textbook or simply to help structure a presentation on blockchain. … I think that the book achieves its objectives: to explain to a nontechnical audience what the blockchain is, how it works, and where it can be applied. It should also allow the reader to understand a lot of the hype that surrounds blockchain and to differentiate the ways in which the term is used.” (Computing Reviews, October, 2017)
From the Back Cover
In 25 concise steps, you will learn the basics of blockchain technology. No mathematical formulas, program code, or computer science jargon are used.No previous knowledge in computer science, mathematics, programming, or cryptography is required. Terminology is explained through pictures, analogies, and metaphors..
This book bridges the gap that exists between purely technical books about the blockchain and purely business-focused books. It does so by explaining both the technical concepts that make up the blockchain and their role in business-relevant applications.
What You Will Learn:
- What the blockchain is
- Why it is needed and what problem it solves
- Why there is so much excitement about the blockchain and its potential
- Major components and their purpose
- How components work and interact
- Limitations, why they exist, and what has been done to overcome them
- Major application scenarios